Have you ever heard the saying “Your health is your wealth”? It’s a powerful statement and so very true. You invest valuable time and energy into your business and relationships and you want to be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. You need good health to sustain your focus and energy and make calculated, smart decisions for your future. Being a small business owner can come with a busy schedule and lifestyle, but investing in a healthy mind, body and soul is the best investment you can make in your business.
Here are some suggestions to ensure your wellness in the workplace:
- Physical Activity: Exercise not only helps you build muscle, lose weight and gain self-confidence, but it’s vital in maintaining a healthy heart. And guess what? You don’t have to spend hours at the gym or run a marathon to incorporate exercise in your day. Park in the back of the parking lot, take the stairs, or even take a quick walk at lunch – anything that gets your heart pumping will benefit your health.
- Manage Stress: It is important to recognize stressors in your life and your natural responses to them. Learn different coping mechanisms. From yoga to lifting weights, find what works for you. Don’t forget the power of deep breathing as well. Inhaling a deep breath for 5 seconds then exhaling for another 5 seconds can help clear your mind and enhance blood circulation.
- Socialize: Strengthen your immunity through connectedness. We are designed for fellowship and need to make time for others throughout our day.
- Eat Healthy: Ever heard the saying “You are what you eat”? The cornerstone of good health is a diet rich in vitamins and minerals. Choose ideal portions and limit high fat, high sugar foods. Avoid snacking at your desk while working.
- Rest: Research shows that the average adult has improved concentration and better emotional health with 7 hours of sleep each night. Between work, family and extra activities, this isn’t always possible, but aim for a consistent bed time each night.
Just like you schedule meetings and appointments throughout your day, schedule time for yourself as well. Make time for those things that feed your physical, mental and spiritual health.
At My Annapolis Office we want to help you achieve an optimal work/life balance. My Annapolis Office is Annapolis’ premier office space provider offering your business office space, technology, services, and support. Our fully-furnished office space and virtual office solutions give you the flexibility to work on your own terms. Our administrative support staff provides personalized phone answering, mail and package receipt service, and professional reception services. With our prestigious business center, access to meeting rooms, and distinguished mailing address, we give you and your business the support it needs for success so you have time to invest in yourself.
To learn more, call 410-656-1600 or visit us on the web at MyAnnapolisOffice.com.
Source: EHS Today