Most adventures in life, be it business or pleasure, require some kind of team effort. From help with financing to help with the kids, it is important that everyone involved is engaged and dependable. And building a culture connection in a small business is no different…it begins with everyone being focused and interactive in his or her own work.
According to Michael Lee Stallard, a business consultant, leadership trainer, and co-author of Connection Culture: The Competitive Advantage of Shared Identity, Empathy, and Understanding at Work, “The good news is that employee engagement isn’t the result of expensive perks or time-consuming programs. It comes from having a culture where people care about each other and about their work.”
Stallard offers the following tips to ensure that you are creating a strong connection with your employees:
- Cast a clear vision. Employees are more engaged in their work when they understand the company’s mission and are united by its values. You want your employees to be proud of the company they work for and work hard to uphold its reputation. To cast a clear vision, it is crucial for the business owner to always communicate goals clearly and any changes pertaining to those goals.
- Recognize the value of each individual. Your employees need to feel respected and valued. Encourage employees to express appreciation for their colleagues’ contributions. It helps others reach their potential.
- Give your employees a voice. In a company there doesn’t have to be initials after your last name to be an influential decision maker. Giving your employees a voice empowers them to make a difference. In connected cultures, people seek the ideas and advice of others, share freely, and encourage others.
- Be a servant leader. Successful leaders are leaders who put the needs of others before their own. Doing so gains the admiration and respect of those who work for you and encourages them to do the same.
- Your employees and clients should be celebrated when you see a commitment to quality and excellence. Let them know their time, resources, and talents are valued and are an integral part of the company’s success.
At My Annapolis Office, we believe a connected culture breeds success. We work hard to ensure that your business has an ideal environment to thrive in. My Annapolis Office is Annapolis’ premier office space provider offering your business the office space, technology, services, and support it needs. Our fully-furnished office space and virtual office solutions give you the flexibility to work on your own terms while our administrative support staff give your business the support it needs for success. Surround yourself with like-minded professionals at My Annapolis Office and see the difference a motivated, energized, supportive, connected culture can make.
To learn more, call 410-656-1600 or visit us on the web at www.MyAnnapolisOffice.com
Source: Coscto Connection